Wednesday, 6 March 2019

40 Acts of Kindness

Christ went in the desert for prayer and contemplation
For the task He had to face it was His preparation!
In our old traditions this has led to Lent
A time for prayer and sacrifice and also to repent.
Some mark this time of 40 days by giving up a vice
Like giving up their chocolate or something else that's nice!
There is nothing wrong with that, it can lead to thought
And praying for the wisdom to do things as one ought.
I for several years now have penned an ode each day
To mark this special season in my special way.
I pray about the subjects that I should put in rhyme
If it makes me, and others, think 'tis good use of my time.
I heard today of others who take a different line
And it struck me forcibly that their way was fine.
They set out in this season on every single day 
To do an act of kindness as they go on their way.
40 acts of kindness will bless the lives of others
And fulfills our Lord's command to treat all men as brothers.
I pray throughout this season and all that I can ask
Is that the Lord equips us to perform our chosen task.

No comments:

Post a Comment