Wednesday, 12 April 2017

Temper

I have got a temper, which I struggle to control.
Ok, I don’t get violent just dark within my soul!
My words I use as weapons, which maybe cannot maim
But they can be devastating to someone just the same!
I calm down very quickly but the damage has been done
And I am all contrition that I have hurt someone!
I even hurt the ones I love with the things I say
And though I’m very sorry there is a price to pay.
They do not retaliate, which makes me feel much worse. 
I suffer in my inmost self and there’s no quick reverse!
Lord please make me calmer and dissipate my ire.
Instead just let my love become an ever-living fire.
I know that You forgive me. Please let all people see
The much more loving person that I long to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment