Those of you, who know me, know I talk a lot!
I like conversation and I seldom lose the plot.
Ok, I can’t remember names and sometimes mix them up
And in a recognition test I would not win the cup!
But even in my ignorance I recognise your face
So lots of lively topics can be discussed apace!
Even with the people I see most every day
Their names are interchangeable as we talk and play.
Some of them get irritated by my endless chatter
And within their back-swing to golfers it does matter!
But I like their company and like to exchange views
And I am most interested to talk and hear their news.
It’s a bit like that with prayer I love to chat with God
And I sometimes listen too, though that may be odd!
When I do I get the prompts I really need to hear
So maybe it is better to shut up and lend an ear!
When I come to think of it that might work with my friends
So I should be quiet and try to make amends!
No comments:
Post a Comment