When I think about my Saviour on his way into the town,
With all the people shouting and throwing palm leaves down,
I scarce believe that they will change, before the week can end,
And cry that the authorities should crucify their friend!
And yet I look around me at people in a crowd
They support their football team by shouting out aloud.
Their manager, they will contend, is the greatest they have had
At least that’s what they’re shouting until results go bad!
Take a look at Arsenal over all these years
Wenger has not given them any cause for jeers!
Kept them at the top for longer than they could have hoped
Built a brand new stadium, with money tight, he coped.
They are independent not bought by foreign money
And yet the club’s supporters are no longer sweet as honey!
People can be fickle especially in a mob
I pray that they aren’t able to push him from his job!
My Lord has come in triumph but he’ll be crucified
But his glorious victory will not be denied.
He has died for all our sins, a noble sacrifice,
But hanging screaming on a cross would not be very nice.
Yet he died and rose again to set us sinners free.
And prepare a heavenly home for us, the likes of you and me!
No comments:
Post a Comment