Saturday, 29 April 2017

Sadness
My heart is filled with sadness but anger lingers there
How could all our fervent prayers end in such despair?
I know that we all have to die to get to better things
But why such pain and suffering until we get our wings!
Why give hope of healing if the result will not be good?
I know that it is not that God is in capricious mood!
I know that He is with us in all our misery
But that still doesn't tell me why all these things should be.
I know there's evil in the world but good should overcome!
And what's the point of praying if God only answers some?
To say the answer can be "no" and that God has his plan
Can not provide much comfort to any girl or man!
Is it predestination that some should die so young
With all the grief and sorrow to which we must give tongue?
Alright, I know it shows we care when we set out to pray
And yes, we ought to listen and not just have our say,
But what about the family who have to cope with grief?
God please be there with them and give them all relief.
Okay, I've finished ranting but still I'm left with pain,
Oh Lord I ask forgiveness let me feel your love again.
You know that I am human please forgive my need to shout
And give me understanding so I'll know what it's about!

No comments:

Post a Comment