Thursday, 6 April 2017

Computers

I just love computers when they’re going right
It’s the only way my efforts would ever see the light!
My writing is abysmal, A scrawl beyond belief.
So computers gave me a wonderful relief! 
I’ve always liked to play with words, even as a child
I was brought up on poetry to stop me running wild!
But I could not express it upon a written page
For nobody could read it in that bygone age.
Now I can wax lyrical and write my silly verse
Recounting my reflections and views, which can be worse!
Imagine then my horror when my laptop wouldn’t start
I was so upset I nearly pulled the thing apart!

I just hate computers whenever they go wrong
They can go right for ages stringing you along.
Then just when your backups are really out of date
They know that they’ve got you and refuse to operate!
Thanks to a good friend of mine who knew just what to do
I got the thing to work again and did a backup too!

I just love computers when they do what they are told
But I don’t understand them because I’m getting old!

No comments:

Post a Comment