Speed Restrictions
Travelling on the motorway is really not much fun
There are speed restrictions which apply to everyone!
The stretch from Northampton to Watford Gap is vile
You have to stick to fifty for mile on weary mile!
Of course you can go faster in an Audi or Merc
Or in a BMW you can be a 'Burke'!
The rules just don't apply to you, your arrogance is fine
A shame that you endanger the likes of me and mine!
The rules are meant so we are safe as we drive along.
And to endanger others is just plainly wrong!
Of course it's not all drivers in expensive cars
Most of them, like you and me, just hate those tedious hours
But they know it's their duty merely to comply!
And they drive on safely just like you or I.
So hats off to the people who have concern for others
They are not self-centred but treat all men as brothers.
I don't care if you're humanist or, if like me, you're odd
But, for your compassion, I will thank my God.
There are speed restrictions which apply to everyone!
The stretch from Northampton to Watford Gap is vile
You have to stick to fifty for mile on weary mile!
Of course you can go faster in an Audi or Merc
Or in a BMW you can be a 'Burke'!
The rules just don't apply to you, your arrogance is fine
A shame that you endanger the likes of me and mine!
The rules are meant so we are safe as we drive along.
And to endanger others is just plainly wrong!
Of course it's not all drivers in expensive cars
Most of them, like you and me, just hate those tedious hours
But they know it's their duty merely to comply!
And they drive on safely just like you or I.
So hats off to the people who have concern for others
They are not self-centred but treat all men as brothers.
I don't care if you're humanist or, if like me, you're odd
But, for your compassion, I will thank my God.
No comments:
Post a Comment