Sitting in the comfort of a warm and happy house
I’m thinking of the homeless and feeling like a louse!
It makes me think of Mary and Joseph in the stable
In the town of Bethlehem they had the “homeless” label!
No accommodation, no bed, or comfort, there!
They might have had some reason to say it wasn’t fair!
But they just got on with it. They hadn’t any choice.
Like all the other homeless they didn’t have a voice.
Being nine months pregnant would have made it worse
But you didn’t hear them moan, or shout, or curse!
Even when the child was born, they were refugees
Not for them the comfort of a life of ease.
So when I’m feeling downcast or thinking life’s not fun
I think about the homeless or those who’re on the run.
Then I am just thankful for what I have been given
And have to beg forgiveness and hope that I am shriven.
No comments:
Post a Comment