If you really loved me
“If you really loved me, you’ld do what I say”
Is just the sort of blackmail that never should hold sway!
Love is based on selflessness and thinking of the other
Not crying like a baby and running home to mother.
“If you really loved
me you’ld let me have my way,
and if we are not lovers what would our friends all say?”
Just the sort of pressure that should not be applied
Especially to one that you might want to be your bride.
When I see on Facebook people testing friends
I wonder what has driven them to stooping to such ends?
“If you really like me you’ll leave a post today.”
That is just a silly game that people should not play!
It’s just the sort of testing that people try with God
Even though to Christians this will seem quite odd.
“If you are a God of love, you’ll do all that I ask
Or I won’t believe in you. You’re not up to the task!”
Look for loving actions from the people you adore
Why ask them to jump through hoops doing something more?
Wanting your own way can only lead to loneliness
Spoiling good relationships and making them a mess.
You can trust in God above to give you what you need
Not just what you crave for in your selfishness and greed.
Listen for His prompting to guide you in your plight
He is always with you in making all things right!
No comments:
Post a Comment