Thursday, 19 February 2015

Dawn Breaks

Don’t you love the beauty on a freezing winter’s morn
When the sky is pinkened by the approaching dawn?
Snuggling in your duvet, so you won’t feel the chill,
You see the first invading rays and feel a wondrous thrill.
The pink becomes a deeper red and then a flaming ball
Slowly fills the heavens with an orange tint overall.
You see the brick red houses take on a warmer hue,
As the great celestial orb comes further into view.
The camera lens can never catch the glory of the scene
The glistening frosted beauty of grass that once was green
The stark impressive outlines of trees without their leaves
And shadows disappearing like some furtive night-time thieves!
I just can’t give justice to the feelings I profess
I feel so inadequate with the words that I possess!
Suffice to say that dawn just breaks with a beauty all it’s own,
Which brings to mind the majesty of God upon His throne.

No comments:

Post a Comment