Friday, 27 February 2015

Celebrity

I’m glad that I will never be
Some megastar celebrity!

Adulation going to my head
And women dragging me to bed!
My life could never be my own
Plagued by the wild oats I’d sown.
Money grabbing birds pursue
A plague I’d have my whole life through!
People judging all the time
Accusing me of every crime!

I’m glad that I will never be
Some megastar celebrity!

We all have things we’d rather hide
Amid the things we do with pride.
But superstars can never find
An ever peaceful state of mind.
Some will always want to strip
Their egos down and make them trip!
If the truth is not enough
They’ll just invent the nasty stuff!

I’m glad that I will never be
Some megastar celebrity!

I know some stars with gaudy rings
Did horrible and sordid things.
We judge them very harshly, yet
The good they did we will forget!
The work they did for charity
Still exists for all to see.
Despite the eclipsing of the sun
There’s good and bad in everyone!

I’m glad that I will never be
Some megastar celebrity!

When one is seen to have a fall
The tar is seen to stick to all.
Then people see an easy buck
Which can be theirs with any luck!
Accusing stars they state they know
Of crimes committed long ago.
Does it not seem very strange
They now remember at such range?

I’m glad that I will never be
Some megastar celebrity!

No comments:

Post a Comment