Wednesday, 25 February 2015

Façade

The face I like to show the world, is it really me?
Brash and full of confidence, filled with bonhomie!
Am I really like that, hid behind my face?
And if people knew me, would I be in disgrace?

Do I really fool myself with this brave façade?
Am I really hiding from something that is bad?
Can I not be honest and show the world I’m weak
And that I’m just a bunch of nerves, when I get up to speak?

Luckily God knows me just the way I am.
A frightened little baby throwing toys out of his pram!
And yet I know He loves me despite my doubts and fears
And He’s always with me throughout all my years.

I’m sure I’m not the only one who hides behind their mask
Appearing whom they need to be, to carry out their task!
Let me not make judgements on the people that I see
They’ll have their inner struggles an awful lot like me!

No comments:

Post a Comment