Friday, 20 February 2015

Fortunate

While strolling round a golf course on a bright and sunny day
I thank my God in heaven that I’m fit enough to play!
I have my minor ailments, like others of my years
And true the pain can sometimes incline my eyes to tears.
I know I’m sometimes moaning about how my heel is sore
And that my back is aching enough to make me roar.
But when I look around me at others as they suffer
I can but conclude I am a fortunate old duffer!
I have to stick to half a round for a little while
But still I get to play enough to make me want to smile.
With badminton and the tennis, which we play with softer ball,
If I do not play too much it hardly hurts at all!
I’ve got enough for all my needs and even some to spare
I can never say, for me, that life has been unfair.
I’ve had my love beside me for two thirds of my life
I could not have had a better woman as my wife!
All in all, I’m fortunate and in the main I know
I should kneel in gratitude to the God who made it so!

No comments:

Post a Comment