Wednesday, 9 December 2020

 Relaxing


Sitting with my feet up feeling so relaxed.
As I never worry my brain ain’t overtaxed!
I sip a cup of coffee as I start to write my ode
And nibble on a biscuit to ease my heavy load!
Once I get a subject the words just seem to flow
If anyone will read it I will never know!
In this time of Advent I do a rhyme each day
And that I’ll be able is all I have to pray!
Mundane things, like presents, I don’t give a thought
Though there are some about me who really think I ought!
Who is here for Christmas and who will make the dinner
If I interfered with that I wouldn’t be the winner!
I find it makes life simpler to just do what I’m told
And if sit here quietly all will soon unfold!
“Whatever you say darling will be alright with me.
And, if you sit there quietly, I’ll make a cup of tea.”
I know I have an easy life but that can eas’ly change
When my wife insists that there is stuff to rearrange.
Okay! I know I’m lazy but I will soon improve 
When my true beloved demands that I should move!

No comments:

Post a Comment