Singing
We
went to church each Sunday when I was just a child
Attendance
was compulsory and no one ever smiled.
The
kids all sat like statues and didn’t say a word
For
in that ghastly service we were seen and never heard!
The
best thing was the music for all the people sang
And
with the lovely melody the rafters simply rang!
But
there was a problem when I was very small
I
could not sing. Through illness I could hardly breathe at all!
It
was the greatest sadness, indeed, it made me cry
And
in my infant misery, told my Granny by and by.
She
bade me take my trouble to our dearest Lord above
And
ask that he should let me sing, in his goodness and his love.
When
I reached the age of seven all my illness went away
And
I had the breath enough to sing and sing all day.
I
sang when I was happy, I sang when I was sad
I
sang to make things better when I was feeling bad!
I
did not have the talent to make me feel too proud
But
I had the lung-power for singing rather loud!
I
owe my voice to God above and therefore all my days
I
will sing, with all my heart, my great Redeemer’s praise
No comments:
Post a Comment