I am Just a Christian
I
am just a Christian and I hope that others see
A
reflection of my Lord, whenever they see me.
I
know I am not perfect, as anyone can tell
And
as a Christ-like image I don’t do very well.
Yet
still I always try my best to do the things I should
Please
know that, though I’m failing, I’m trying to be good
Loving
God is easy when I think of all He’s done
He
even cared so much for me that he sent his son!
I
even find it easy to love those who are nice
But
I have always struggled to love those locked in vice.
Or
those who do not like me, or those who hurt my friends
Or
do me some great injury and fail to make amends.
My
saviour told me not to judge for that is not my task
And
if I want to learn to love, all I need do is ask!
So
I will grow more Christ-like with the Spirit’s aid
And
hope, that when I meet God, all my debts are paid.
No comments:
Post a Comment