Monday, 26 February 2018

No Condemnation

I must mourn the passing of an iconic name
That fundamental Christian known as Billy Graham.
He had a forceful manner and an hypnotic voice
Calling people forward as if they had no choice.
In one sense that is valid for followers of God
But using mass hysteria somehow seems quite odd.
He could quote bible chapters to back his narrow views
As if his understanding was the only one to use.
He roared in condemnation of those who disagreed
Feeling that his judgements were what God decreed.
There I must take issue, for it's not our place to judge 
And that is a position from which I will not budge!
The God I know loves everyone and Christ died for our sin
And it is with compassion that he sees the place we're in.
He understands our weakness, he yearns to bear our load
And he'll walk beside us on our dark and weary road.

No comments:

Post a Comment