Monday, 26 February 2018

A golfers meditation 

While wandering round a golf course on a cold and frosty morn
I see lots of reasons to thank God I was born!
I am wrapped up warm and snug in my winter kit
Though my fingers may be tingling just a little bit!
A fox is running bold as brass across the fairway here
And there is a woodpecker working somewhere near.
The sun has not yet risen though it won't be long
And soon the birds will start to sing a glorious daybreak song.
The squirrels have now woken and are scurrying about
And the crows are calling with that raucous shout.
The golf may not be wonderful, for that you need some skill,
But the sounds and sights of nature still give me a thrill!
I thank God for the morning and all the sights I see
But most of all I thank him for putting up with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment