Losing
I am quite competitive, I really like to win!
I will try my hardest in any game I’m in.
Word games are my favourite, my vocabulary is good.
It’s seldom I get beaten when I’m in the mood!
I’ve been playing racquet sports since I was a lad
And though I shouldn’t say it I was not too bad.
I played rugby to my utmost till I was thirty-five
As with every other sport it made me feel alive!
My favourite sport was cricket, I could bat and bowl
Though I was not brilliant, I was lucky on the whole.
I scored two flukey centuries and six hat tricks with the ball
And upon reflection I enjoyed it overall.
I’ve recently played Carcassonne a game of mental skill
And my wife keeps beating me! A very bitter pill!
I’m getting used to losing but I still don’t like it much!
So I keep on playing her- perhaps she’ll lose her touch?
Ok it is a lesson I maybe should be taught
How to lose more graciously as a Christian ought!
I will try my hardest in any game I’m in.
Word games are my favourite, my vocabulary is good.
It’s seldom I get beaten when I’m in the mood!
I’ve been playing racquet sports since I was a lad
And though I shouldn’t say it I was not too bad.
I played rugby to my utmost till I was thirty-five
As with every other sport it made me feel alive!
My favourite sport was cricket, I could bat and bowl
Though I was not brilliant, I was lucky on the whole.
I scored two flukey centuries and six hat tricks with the ball
And upon reflection I enjoyed it overall.
I’ve recently played Carcassonne a game of mental skill
And my wife keeps beating me! A very bitter pill!
I’m getting used to losing but I still don’t like it much!
So I keep on playing her- perhaps she’ll lose her touch?
Ok it is a lesson I maybe should be taught
How to lose more graciously as a Christian ought!
No comments:
Post a Comment