Wednesday
I get up each Wednesday at just gone six o’clock,
Though getting up this early is a culture shock!
I meet a bunch of people for a coffee and a chat.
As well as telling stories, we talk of this and that.
Then it gets to seven and we begin to pray.
It is the most brilliant way to start a day!
We thank the Lord for everything, be it big or small
And pray for all the troubles we manage to recall.
It is a time of peace and calm devoid of busyness
We know that if there’s problems, Jesus will sort the mess.
Some of us will say a lot, others will hold their peace
But the presence of the Lord is there to put us at our ease.
We only pray for half an hour, a time that passes fast
But it fills us with an energy, which we know will last.
I thank God for Wednesdays and the folk with whom I meet
It is a source of pleasure, a wondrous weekly treat!
No comments:
Post a Comment