Rejection
I have been rejected many, many times.
Is this why I’m reluctant to publish any rhymes?
I have offered publishers the right to sell my books
But these very tempting fish have wriggled off my hooks!
Truth to tell, it’s difficult to try, and try, and try
When every terse rejection makes you want to cry!
I feel I’ve lots to offer in working with our youth.
I’ve enjoyed it when I’ve done it and that’s the honest
truth.
But twice I have been tossed away like so much garden waste
Truth to tell, in several ways, it’s left a bitter taste.
I just have the comfort that the kids who liked my style
Still treat me with affection and a most engaging smile!
I was asked to join the music group because I love to sing
Not for my lovely harmony but the volume that I bring!
I caroused very happily for years, and years, and years.
And gave my time quite cheerfully. I hadn’t any fears.
Then one day, out of the blue, I was told to take a hike
I was just not good enough to sing behind a mike!
Now I can find good reasons why I have been rejected
I have got many, many faults, which may have been detected!
I am still contented to do the things I may
To always be of service in some other way.
God is always with me in all the things I do
With a chuckle He reminds me - He was rejected too!
No comments:
Post a Comment