Tuesday, 9 April 2019

Integrity

I play golf quite regularly and I’m pleased to say
All my playing partners know the way to play.
I don’t mean they’ve got the skills, I mean they play it fair.
I couldn’t find more honest men if I looked everywhere.
It’s a matter of integrity counting up your score
Even when no one can see that you’ve taken more.
I saw some great examples in the game we played today
And it’s not surprising for that’s the way we play.
Sometimes it’s an air shot that no one else can see
Or hitting in your practice swing. How annoying that can be!
Helping others find their balls and applauding their good shots
Encouraging each other and always laughing lots!
Of course we are competitive and so we like to win,
But able to take losing with a friendly grin.
Integrity through our daily life will also be the same
We can treat the ups and downs as just another game.

No comments:

Post a Comment