Tuesday, 2 April 2019

Disagreement

Surely we can disagree while still remaining friends?
And if I have upset you I want to make amends.
I can think you are mistaken and that I am right
But that is not a reason why we should start a fight!
Be sure I do not disagree just to be a pain
I just think that you are wrong and ought to think again.
We could talk of something else and agree to disagree
I do not expect the whole wide world to agree with me. 
There might be a compromise, which we could accept
Even though that’s something at which I’m not adept!
We can both be adults and still talk to each other
And in my estimation you are still my brother.
This is hypothetical but I know it can be true
But nothing in this world should come twixt me and you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment