You may not have noticed, but I like to play with words
Though I'm not as brainy as lots of other nerds!
I have a large vocabulary and use it when I can
To provide a little humour and enrich my fellow man.
You may not have noticed, but I struggle lots with names
Even for those people with whom I play my games
I confuse my good friend Micky with my other mate called Ken
And even call him other names, like Iain, now and then!
You may not have noticed, but I'm getting on a bit
Though I have undiminished faculties and wit!
My memory for detail is mostly pretty good
And, if I do forget your name, I'm not being rude!
You may not have noticed, but when you speak to me
I can go off at a tangent about something that I see.
It's not that you have bored me or my interest has been lost
It's just my mind is busy and my rudeness is the cost!
You may not have noticed, but God made me as I am
And I've been trying to improve since I left my pram!
Please bear with all my thoughtlessness and all the things I do
For, despite my inattention, I really value you!
No comments:
Post a Comment