Monday, 3 August 2015

Sceptics

I have a friend who tells me that faith in God is bunk
And organised religion is just a load of junk.
This coming from a fellow who does everything he can
To share another’s burden and help his fellow man!
Of course in conversation I try to do my bit
And yes I have more subtlety than to spout out holy writ!
He has some major issues with evangelic troops
And religions that require one to jump through massive hoops!
Mind you I agree with him. Some evangelists just sink
In a holy muddle where they’re not allowed to think!
They’ll quote you, from the bible, a verse to bring you light.
They think their understanding is the only one that’s right!
Then there’s our religions, with their certainties and creeds
A stumbling block for people no matter what their needs.
We see now imperfectly as through a murky pane
And only when we meet our Lord will everything be plain.
My Saviour died for everyone however much they’re sceptic
He’s the cure for all their ills, the perfect antiseptic.
The bible still inspires me and leads my prayer and thought
To listen to my maker and then do what I ought.
Some day my friend may ask me what life is all about
And I’ll be there to tell him, for I have no doubt.

No comments:

Post a Comment