Scottish Independence
I’m proud to be British and Northern Irish too.
But going independent? I think you’ve lost a screw!
You may not have noticed but there’s lots of Scots abroad
They don’t just live in Scotland. Do you think that’s odd?
We are a tiny country that fights above our weight
It’s working all together that really makes us great!
I think of all the trouble in the place where I was born,
With internecine warfare, till we were all forlorn.
I always hoped that Europe was a dream where we would find
A way to all forget the past and be of single mind.
Of course the little Englanders have tried to kill such
dreams
And now the Scots would do the same, as crazy as that seems!
Let’s remain together all Saxons, Danes and Scots
And Picts and Celts and Normans, we racial polyglots.
The Afro Carribeans, the Asians and the Poles
All add to our great culture and gladden British souls.
We all know some Englishmen who think they are the best
But we all know such people are really just a jest!
Together we are stronger. A match for any nations.
And is there anyone convinced by Salmond’s explanations?
No comments:
Post a Comment