Attitudes of Hate
Persecuting people is not the will of God
And anyone who does it must be distinctly odd!
God made each and everyone as different as can be
And gloried in variety as everyone can see.
To persecute another for colour, race or class
Is undiluted bigotry, in fact it’s really crass!
As for the religious who claim they know it all
And condemn all others – such attitudes appal!
Why be homophobic when you could just be nice?
And do other people need all your advice?
A faith is very personal between your God and you
And no one else should mock it or say it isn’t true.
When I see atrocities I cannot help but grieve
For the perpetrators and what they must believe.
They may claim to be Christians, or people of Islam,
Or Hindus, Jews, or Buddhists who climb out of their pram.
If they think that violence is the only way,
A plague on all their houses is all I have to say!
No comments:
Post a Comment