Waiting
Waiting, waiting, waiting! That’s all I seem to do.
And I’ll still be waiting when my life is through.
I have to wait for someone to drive me anywhere.
I have to wait in surgeries for doctor’s gentle care.
I have to wait in A&E for hours and hours on end.
Even though this waiting drives me round the bend!
I have to wait for ages while my darling wife gets ready.
That’s no change! I had to wait when we were going steady!
I have to wait in shopping queues to pay for what I’ve
bought.
I have to wait so patiently for that’s what I’ve been
taught!
I have to wait my turn to speak at early morning prayers
I have to wait to catch my breath before attempting stairs!
It is so frustrating that I always have to wait
For I have a fixation about never being late.
We all know that in Advent we await our Lord’s return
But somehow in the meantime we have a lot to learn!
The early church thought Christ would come almost straight
away
And yet we have been waiting to this very day!
Of course it does not matter just when that day may be
We’ve been told that we should act as if our Lord could see.
We don’t need to wait for Him to build His kingdom here
If we would only do His work without unworthy fear!
So show His love to everyone and not just those you know
And we won’t have to wait to see His kingdom grow.
No comments:
Post a Comment