Sunday, 22 December 2013

Presents

I hate Christmas shopping, never knowing what to get.
Should it be a raincoat to stop them getting wet?
Or what about some slippers or a nice sarong?
If I make my mind up I might just get it wrong!
Could I be the only one who can’t make up his mind,
Or are there many others who don’t know what to find?
In the end I will pick something and then just wait and see
Hoping if I think it good the recipient will agree!
The magi gave their presents to show their high esteem
For one whose natal star they saw and followed in a dream.
Do we take the trouble and strive with might and main
So we can give our presents in a somewhat similar vein?
All this time and money giving things we do not need
Does this not just pander to our incipient greed?
Would it not be better if we gave to help the needy
Rather than indulging kin who are well fed and greedy?

No comments:

Post a Comment