Positive
“Don’t do this and don’t do that”, is what I now get told.
Just because I’ve had a stroke, I can not be bold!
It makes me mad when negatives are all I seem to get
Why can’t they be more positive before I get upset!
That seems to me the difference between AD and BC.
And perhaps in advent that’s what we ought to see!
Moses rules were all concerned with saying, “Thou shall
not”,
Yet there were some positives, which Christ was quick to
spot.
“Love the Lord your God”, he said, “and your neighbour too”.
That at least gives some things that we ought to do!
Perhaps if people told me what can be permitted
I’d not rebel so much and might be more committed.
Mind you, if I’m honest, I’d still want to do more
But perhaps there’s other things I ought to explore.
Don’t just tell me not to. I won’t stay in bed
Why not give me something I could do instead!
No comments:
Post a Comment