Sunday, 6 October 2013

Praise Acrostic

All of my being just worships my Lord
By taking all of His glories aboard.
Coming together with others who care
Doing His bidding around everywhere.
Extolling His virtue to any I meet
Finding the right words for any I greet.
Giving to others the time that they need
Hoping that I have forgotten my greed!
Instead of parading my ego abroad
Joining with others without feeling odd.
Kicking the habits that I know are wrong
Loving to worship your glory in song.
Making allowance for those I abhor
Never forgetting what I’m looking for.
Only relying on God when I fall
Praying that I’ll always answer His call.
Quality time, which I spend in prayer
Results in me knowing how much you care.
Saviour, you lead me where I ought to go
Teaching me everything I need to know.
Unpicking the fabric of my sinful life
Voicing the reasons that I live in strife.
Wanting to lead me in ways that are wise
X-raying my motives, exposing my lies.
Yearning to make me the best I can be
Zapping me with Your great Spirit for free!

No comments:

Post a Comment