God’s Grace
I listened to a sermon a week or so ago
About the sort of basic truth we really ought to know.
Sometimes we feel guilty that our faith is none too strong
And maybe God won’t help us for we’re doing it all wrong!
I remember being lectured by a charismatic jerk
Who said that as our faith was weak God’s healing wouldn’t
work!
Though I knew that he was wrong, I felt wounded by the
thought!
Was I letting Jesus down by not trusting as I ought?
I know that God can do much more than I could even dream
But doing tricks to show His power is clearly off the beam!
God is all compassion and we can’t earn His Grace
Not by faith or works or prayers or falling on our face.
His Grace does not depend on us, upon our true belief
And hearing that in sermons is such a great relief!
I know I am not worthy, but yet I still can pray
And if it is our Saviour’s will, He’ll do it anyway.
Lord you know my failings and you can read my heart
May we grow together and never, ever part
No comments:
Post a Comment