Saturday, 1 December 2018

Lazybones

I am very lazy. I have been all my life
And, if you don't believe me, go and ask my wife!
I can be quite energetic for things I want to do
But if it doesn't interest me I'll leave it just for you.
At school and university I didn't want to study
My interest was in rugby and getting pretty muddy!
In summer I could bowl all day getting many a wicket
For I had great intensity when I was playing cricket.
But invite me to do gardening or even cut the lawn
And I would lie there reading and give a sleepy yawn!
I loved to play with bits of wood making useful shelves
But as for decorating I would leave it for the elves!
I stride around a golf course for miles and miles on end
But ask me to go for a walk and you are not my friend.
I walk around at racquet sports which I quite enjoy
But when I am required to run, I am a lazy boy!
When I want to do something I'm eager to be gone
But if I am not bothered my delaying switch is on!
I need to do the housework but I really put it off
But as you know you're like me you really shouldn't scoff!
I really must try harder to get out of my chair
But there is such comfort for me sitting there!
It's just as well I'm charming and have such savoir faire
Or to be so lazy I really could not dare!

Sorry darling, yes darling, at once darling. Anything you say darling!
Me lazy? Of course not!

No comments:

Post a Comment