Tuesday, 9 October 2018

Disaster

When I hear of tragedies with many lives destroyed
From natural disasters with Nature’s power employed.
I shake my head in puzzlement and my anger grows
How can my God allow it? Only heaven knows!
I know that he creates all things for the use of man
But how can this contribute to his wondrous master plan?
The news from Indonesia fills my mind with sorrow
For all the tragic innocents who will not see tomorrow.
Earthquake and Tsunami blowing life away
From innocent young children who only want to play. 
My heart bleeds for the victims and those they leave behind,
The death and devastation really blow my mind!
A whisper in my inner soul tells me that you care 
For those in need of comfort you are always there.
I know you feel my anger, my puzzlement and pain
And, when I get to meet you, I know you will explain.
Lord, be with those who suffer in that land across the sea
And despite my angst and doubts still abide with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment