The IPhone
Like a silly wotsit I knocked my coffee cup
It spilled upon my Iphone before I mopped it up.
Then, would you believe it, the blessed screen went black
I tried hard to revive it but I couldn’t get it back!
I rushed back home and put it in a plastic bag with rice
Thinking it would dry it out, which should be quite nice.
I left it in the hot press for hours and hours on end
Though I’m feeling lonely without my mobile friend!
I took it out and tried it but again it would not work
So I tried to charge it up like a useless berk!
I charged it and I charged it but still no sign of life
I even tried to shake it loose in my inner strife.
So I abandoned hope for it and threw the phone away
I’d claim on the insurance and maybe they would pay?
I went to church that evening and thought about my loss
Reflecting on my clumsiness I was getting cross.
Then a thought occurred to me. God would understand
If I prayed for mended phones instead of something grand!
I got up this morning to ring and make my claim
Thinking that my rotten phone would still be just the same!
Of course I pressed the on/off switch to check that it was
dead
Imagine my astonishment when it turned on instead!
It said it needed charging so I plugged it in once more
And now it started working as it did in days of yore!
I know that it is trivial but it gave my mind release
So don’t just pray for massive things like cancer and world
peace.
We have a God who listens and knows just what we need
Though to be sure he will not try to pander to our
greed!
No comments:
Post a Comment