Saturday, 28 November 2015

Being Nice
I sometimes really wonder why I sit outside and freeze
While children take my biscuits , sometimes saying please!
I can still be pleasant to people passing by
Though if they merely scowl at me I have to wonder why.
I sit outside Dream Factory like a little Irish gnome
Though in the rain I'm wishing that I was safe at home.
I give out teas to parents as they bring their Kids to play
Wondering if there's purpose in being here today?
Then there comes a moment when I know why I am there.
A chance to show another that there is someone to care.
For all the cold and boredom, the rain and snow and ice,
God put me in position so I could practice to be nice!
I may not be too good at it but still at least I try
And maybe I'll accomplish it one morning, by and by!

No comments:

Post a Comment