Saturday, 23 May 2015

Farewell to Tom Paxton

I've seen Tom Paxton concerts for more than forty years,
His music either made me laugh or moved my heart to tears.
He ranted at hypocrisy, was furious at greed
But sang his greatest music for the poor and those in need.
He mocked the high and mighty and all that they stood for
And sang to make the nations no longer go to war.
He had every sympathy for the private in the field
Or those, who in adversity, would never ever yield.
He sang about his children and the lady by his side
Full of admiration, constant love and pride.
He gave me so much pleasure and songs that I could sing
To woo the lady that I loved much more than anything.
I sang his songs as lullabies when children would not sleep
And gave them wondrous memories that they will always keep.
His fifty years of touring may have come to an end
But that little man in denims will always be my friend
Farewell Mr Paxton you've been both good and kind
And that I'd forget you is "The last thing on my mind"!

No comments:

Post a Comment