Dartmouth
2
Dartmouth
with its waters so green and slow and strong
The waltzing ferry tugboats push the cars along.
The multi coloured houses in Kings Wear sparkle bright
And the White sails of dinghies catch the morning light
The steam train whistle blowing and the cry of gulls above
Fill the air with music in the estuary I love
What better way to spend a day cruising in a boat
Or watching other people live their life afloat
The walk from Little Dartmouth or the climb to Gallant's Bower
The sunshine and the gentle breeze with the bluebells in flower
Cream teas at the castle or pasties on the quay
The stately Naval College is a wondrous sight to see
Is it any wonder that I'm always coming back
For I can think of nothing that this beauty spot can lack
The waltzing ferry tugboats push the cars along.
The multi coloured houses in Kings Wear sparkle bright
And the White sails of dinghies catch the morning light
The steam train whistle blowing and the cry of gulls above
Fill the air with music in the estuary I love
What better way to spend a day cruising in a boat
Or watching other people live their life afloat
The walk from Little Dartmouth or the climb to Gallant's Bower
The sunshine and the gentle breeze with the bluebells in flower
Cream teas at the castle or pasties on the quay
The stately Naval College is a wondrous sight to see
Is it any wonder that I'm always coming back
For I can think of nothing that this beauty spot can lack
No comments:
Post a Comment