Monday, 21 July 2014

Tragedy

Torn and twisted bodies lying on the ground!
People shouting words of blame at everyone around.
Was it freedom fighters, or trigger-happy thugs,
Or the Kremlin’s acolytes, or Ukranian mugs?
Was it just an accident or deliberate policy
The truth about this story we may never see
I don’t care if the tabloids pronounce who bears the guilt,
We all know the prejudice on which their case is built!
If such hideous weapons are held by angry men
There will be such tragedies every now and then.
I suspect this was an accident by someone barely trained
Not deliberate malice from someone angry brained.
We raise our hands in horror and look for those to blame
There must be guilty parties - but we are all the same!
We all make silly errors, get scared and lose our cool.
Every human being can be a crazy fool!
Pray for those who mourn their loss, for we all share their pain.
I understand their anger but what is there to gain?
I pray the world will be at peace and men will fight no more
And that we never see again such mindless blood and gore!  

No comments:

Post a Comment