Tuesday, 17 June 2014

Religion

Why do all religions think they know it all
And think that gives them licence to do things that appal?
Each different branch of Islam will claim they have it right
And those they don’t agree with, they’re quite prepared to fight!
Christians in their history are bigoted as well
As one from Northern Ireland can very easily tell!
Look at the atrocities done in the name of God
Who preaches peace and harmony! Doesn’t that seem odd?
Look how we dealt with people who saw things differently
We butchered other Christians to stamp out heresy!
We slaughtered men and women when we went on a Crusade
I wonder what example our Christian forebears made?
I pray for all those people who are persecuted still
Be they Christians, Jews or Moslems. It is a bitter pill.
I am not religious and thank God that I am not
And yet I try to follow Christ and that should mean a lot!
I know what I believe in and I might share it too
But I will never, ever force it onto you!

No comments:

Post a Comment