Sunday, 8 June 2014

I love a rebel

They told me that I couldn't go today to Normandy
For I am getting older and I can hardly see
Hitler couldn't stop me 70 years ago
So nuts to them I'm going and I told them so
They set up a hue and cry and tried to lock the gates
But here I am in Normandy together with my mates
Comrades all together we shared a yarn or two
All about the good old days and what we had to do
Death you cannot frighten me I'm much too old to care
I remember all my younger mates who we left lying there
So let's drink to the memories the horror and the fear
And glory in the mighty thing that we accomplished here
I'll go back to my care home and sleep another while
And when I think of Normandy I'll give a little smile

No comments:

Post a Comment