Monday, 6 August 2018

Summer Cold

I am feeling lousy and coughing fit to bust.
To get a cold in summer really seems unjust!
In this gorgeous weather how do you get a chill?
To suffer in the sunshine is such a bitter pill!
The weather is so beautiful so no one should complain.
I wish this ruddy cold would go before it stats to rain!
There are things I want to do, not sit here feeling sick.
If I could ignore it, t'would be a lovely trick!
I try to do the things I want so much to enjoy
But I run out of energy like a puny boy!
I do so much coughing it is hard to sleep
And as for perspiration, that is inches deep!
I try to tell myself to rest, despite my inclination
But my restless nature has no imagination!
I cannot see me sitting doing nothing all the time
So I felt like writing this pretty pointless rhyme!
I don't want this summer cold. Cure it right away.
I really do not want it on our holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment