Friday, 16 June 2017

Contentment
I am happy with my lot. I couldn't ask for more!
I have my health, though sometimes, I am a little sore.
I may be stuck in my routines and like things as they are
I do not crave excitement but my feet aren't stuck in tar.
I don't bore very easily and I like the things I know!
Offer something different and I might just answer, "no!"
Why should I want something new when I like what I've got?
Changes, just for change's sake, impress me, not a lot!
I don't mind improvements, they can offer more
But new things must be better not worse than those before!
This goes for things like music, or road layouts, or food.
When they're not, you'll find me in a stubborn mood!
Things have changed throughout my life and many I embrace
But some, I have to tell you, are no more than a disgrace!
There's mollycoddled children and a lack of discipline
And no respect for others in this modern world we're in.
Too much greed and selfishness from people and from nations
And not too much improvement in inter-race relations.
It seems that we all need to be politically correct.
Wouldn't it be better if we just showed respect?
Ok, I'm getting on in years and set in my own ways
But I am still contented and shall be all my days

No comments:

Post a Comment