Tuesday, 21 June 2016

Referendum

Do we want to leave it? Or do we want to stay?
And really does it matter if we’re voting either way?
The fat cats will get fatter no matter what we do
And they will take no notice of either me or you!
The economic arguments are just a load of trash
Though I know uncertainty may well lead to a crash!
It’s the narrow mindedness that makes me want to scream
I would rather try to build a universal dream.
I can’t stand intolerance. I’ve been taught to care
About the good of others from here or anywhere!
I’m not an isolationist. I like to be inclusive
And I don’t find the status quo the slightest bit intrusive!
Whichever way the voting goes the thing has been divisive
And hopefully the vote will be really quite decisive!
Afterwards I hope that we can all work for each other
For like my Lord I want to call every man my brother!

No comments:

Post a Comment