Wednesday, 14 October 2015

Autumn

I simply gasp in wonder at the beauty that I see
The stunning range of colours as I glance from tree to tree
The greens of those most hardy, the yellows on the turn
And finally the orange and reds that almost seem to burn
All this has been provided as a sight to feast my eyes
And, though it happens every year, still comes as a surprise.
For this is nature’s miracle, put there for my delight.
To make me feel enchanted as it comes within my sight.
I can only thank my God for all that he has done.
For all those Autumn colours that dazzle in the sun.
Though in the Autumn of my life I have no cause to doubt
I may not be a beauty but God knows what He’s about.
May He make me mellow and fill me with His love
So I’ll reflect the glory of my Father up above! 

No comments:

Post a Comment