Sunday, 25 May 2014

Elections

We’ve just had an election, which mattered such a lot!
So should we be elated with the results that we have got?
We got a measly turnout of thirty-three percent
It seems that no one worries about how our money’s spent.
Could it be our apathy, or maidenly reserve,
That mean we get the politics, perhaps, that we deserve?
Should we vote for the party, which plays upon our greed
And seems to waste no sympathy for those who are in need?
What about the party who’re scared of immigrants
And seem to give us nothing but mindless racist chants?
Should we show our envy by gunning for the rich?
Is it any wonder that some may wonder which?
I know it can be difficult to struggle out and vote
Especially when it’s raining and you might need a coat!
But many, many people have fought that we might be
Allowed to use our suffrage in a country that is free.
I will always use my vote at each election feast
Even if I have to vote for the one I dislike least!
When good men just do nothing, evil will succeed
And we will get the politics of envy, fear and greed !
It is my Christian duty to help my fellow men
No matter which comedian lives in No. 10 !
But I should do my darndest to build a better land
And vote in politicians who seem to understand!


No comments:

Post a Comment