Tuesday Morning
I go to Church each Tuesday for a very special time
It makes me feel so peaceful that it must be caught in
rhyme.
The alarm clock sounds at six AM and I jump out of bed,
With wild anticipation coursing round my head.
We meet in Church at half past six for coffee and a chat
Over things to pray about, or just to chew the fat.
We stand there in the kitchen a group of Christian men
Sharing fun and fellowship till seven o’clock and then
We file out of the kitchen and sit within the choir
And pause in perfect stillness as our thoughts go soaring
higher.
We pray as we are led to pray by our Father up above
As we sit there thankful for His presence and His love.
We share our grateful words of thanks and pleas for heavenly
peace
For all our friends who suffer and those who need release.
We pray for troubles in our world, for all of those in need
And for the Lords forgiveness for our selfishness and greed.
It is a time of gentleness as the Spirit fills each soul;
Of comfort for our restless hearts as Jesus makes us whole.
We leave refreshed and vibrant to face a brand new day
And I almost burst out singing as I go upon my way.
I really love this special time that we all spend together
In summer and in winter and in every kind of weather.
Would that many others could join with us in prayer
If in early morning they have the time to spare!
No comments:
Post a Comment